Published: 01 August 2020
Update on Covid-19 - news on reopening.
The following health clubs are now reopen:
Kelling Heath, Park Farm, Holiday Inn London Kensington, Holmer Park, The Old Hall, Knights Hill, Orton Hall, Quy Mill, Le Club Reading, The Shrewsbury Club. The Spa at The Grand, Ufford Park, Dower House, Hazlewood Castle
We hope to reopen all remaining sites very soon.
We have worked really hard to get the Club ready and want you to be sure that ensuring the safety and wellbeing of you and our staff team is our absolute priority.
We have fully analysed the government guidance and have done everything we needed to ensure you get the best possible experience back at the Club whilst not compromising safety.
Here are just a few of the measures we have in place:
- We have applied a sanitising germ protection spray, prior to re -opening, to high contact touch points. This forms an antimicrobial coating which protects against germs for up to 30 days when we will reapply it
- We are increasing the frequency of our cleaning and will be using a viricidal cleaning products which will kill all viruses, including coronavirus, within sixty seconds
- A complete redesign of the gym to allow for social distancing which means, at present, you won’t need to book your gym sessions, just turn up whenever it is convenient to do so. Depending on usage, we may need to introduce a booking system due to reduced capacity, but we will only do so if absolutely necessary and we will keep all members informed. We will ask all members, especially at busy times to keep their workout sessions to an hour in length
- Staff training is taking place over the next two weeks to ensure that every single member of the team is aware of the new protocols and understands all about the measure we are putting in place to protect you
- Hand sanitisers, social distancing arrangements, and providing sanitiser sprays around the Club for use throughout your workout are all part of our new measures to keep you protected from transmission of the virus.
Please note that face coverings are required to be worn in beauty treatment areas and when walking through the hotel.
For your usual workouts and swim, you can just turn up and use the Club whenever you want at present. Please come gym and swim ready. We would appreciate it if you can avoid using the changing rooms wherever possible, but they will remain open, for example, for anyone who needs to shower after their swim or for those with disabilities or special needs. In line with government guidance, the changing rooms will have a reduced capacity, so please only bring belongings that are absolutely necessary.
The only facilities that the government require us to keep closed are the sauna and steam room.
To ensure the Club is not too busy we will not be able to allow members to bring guests for the first 4 weeks of operation when we will review this. Please be aware that due to government guidelines we are unable to issue towels so please bring your own.
Please also note that to comply with the governments track and trace requirements, members must swipe their membership card on every visit and ensure we have your telephone contact details.
We know you will have lots of questions and we will do all we can to provide updates on our website and social media and from Monday 13th July, we have brought some staff off furlough so that we can open up our phonelines again and manage your queries. Please bear with us as we get back to normal and we will get answers to you as soon as we can.
We won’t charge you for your membership before we reopen and your first direct debit payment will be taken on on your usual date for your August fees and monthly thereafter. For those of you who pay annually, your renewal date has been automatically extended by four months. We hope you have enjoyed the free online classes whilst we have been closed.
It has been incredibly tough for us to survive the four months with zero income but we are determined to bounce back and, with your support, that is what we will do.
We know how special your Club is to so many of you, and we are totally committed to reopening the Club in a way that is both safe and welcoming.
We have all missed you and can’t wait to welcome you back to your Club.
The Mosaic Team
Published: 01 August 2020